LF: MFJ-854 RF Current Meter

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: MFJ-854 RF Current Meter
From: "Les Rayburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 23:18:01 -0500
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>

I am considering purchasing the MFJ-854 RF Current Meter to use in testing 160-190khz LF antennas, as well as Medfer antennas in the 500-1700khz range. According to the catalog, the unit can accurately measure antenna current from 30ma up to 30 amps. It's range is stated to be
1mhz to 30mhz (but useable well beyond that).

As anyone else used this unit on LF? Are there modifications that would make it more useable for Lowfer work? It is priced at $99.95 (US) and I think it would prove very helpful for improving the counterpoise, remote beacon antennas (where it is impractical to install a dedicated RF current
meter, etc.)

Thanks in advance...

Les Rayburn, N1LF
4919 Cox Cove
Helena, AL 35080
XMGR 184.8988khz WOLF Mode
1LF 187.300khz

Looking for a challenge? Try the ultimate weak signal mode, on 1750 Meters!
Visit the Noise Floor!
http://www.highnoonfilm.com/xmgr