LF: RE: Helical antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Helical antennas
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:49:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
The normal mode helix was covered in some detail in a 1974 (!!) edition
of Radio Communication with a set of empirically determined equations
for calculating resonance and winding dimensions.  Seem to remember it
was by the famous D A Tong, but I may be mixing it up with another
article.    I found the equations to be a good starting point from which
to fine tune helials for HF.   Used to have a copy of that RadCom, and
it may still be lying on a shelf somewhere.

Andy  G4JNT