LF: Re: Technical (but not very) - Loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Technical (but not very) - Loops
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:25:02 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

From: Tom Boucher
Contemplating making one of Peter's 'Superloop' antennas and find that I
have aprox. 100 metres of Crawley Litz in stock. Now Peter's article sez
I have to cut 11 x 16.3m lengths of wire = 180 metres of wire, so I
haven't got enough.

But before I go rushing off to Derek to buy some more, a simple sum
casts some doubt on Peter's calculations. His loop has 2 metre sides and
it has 4 sides so one turn equals 8 metres, not 16m, in which case I
have enough Litz!

Yes, you have it right Tom Make it 8.3m to take into account the 90 degree
couplers and to have enough for making the connections.
Tin the ends of the wires before putting them in the plastic tube - its
easier that way.
I will be updated the web page.

Am I missing something, or should I go back to school for a refresher
course in sums?

I think that it is I who need the refresher course!

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>