Re: LF: wolf

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: wolf
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:34:34
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello John,

In fact Valerio's signal looks rather clean for BPSK, so I guess that he
did a similar thing as Jim and 'cleaned up' the output spectrum by AM
envelopping the signal. Real BPSK (hard phase switching) has a much wider
bandwidth, Jim (M0BMU) has a nice picture this.
I am sure that one 1 W ERP real BPSK signal can cause enough QRM to make
weak signal reception impossible for any other station in a 1000km range.

For sure the sitation in Europe is very different from the US lowfer scene.
In Europe we have over 100 stations active on 2.1kHz wide band (I believe
the south UK there are over a dozen stations in a 100 by 100km square). Any
of this stations can run up to 1W ERP if he (she) wants.
In the US (lowfer) the band is 35kHz wide and stations are limited to 1W
input and 15m wire as antenna, so unless you live in a salt water swamp the
ERP will be no more than a few mW.

73, Rik  ON7YD