LF: Aerial Diplexer for 136

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Aerial Diplexer for 136
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:38:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, Dick PA0SE, remarked some time ago that a diplexer with an
absorbtive load for the unwanted harmonics might help to tame some of the  '
FET-eating'  TXs.

I pushed some numbers into the normalised circuit given in the 2001 ARRL
Handbook. I used a 'cross-over ' of  160kHz  (which may be too low, the
equations are in a simple spread sheet so easily re-run)  but the resultant
circuit does not look too difficult. The coil values are in the region that
could be wound on iron dust or low loss ferrite torriods. I have frequency
plots, which are probably a little big to be accepted by the reflector, but
I will gladly post them direct to anyone interested.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]

GIF image