Re: LF: Re: 9 - 520 kHz Active Antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 9 - 520 kHz Active Antenna
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 22:13:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
The design of the elements is interesting though. I wonder if
the curved elements - which you notice do not touch the
mast - are a synthetic (light weight - low windage) sphere with
similar capacitance, or whether the capacitance to the mast lower down
reduces the effectiveness? I think I would have put it the other way up.

Stewart G3YSX

"Robin T. Greenwood" wrote:

Looks  expensive to me Tracy.  The Decca design is fine for 136. I have done
a PCB layout for it. If you want one, I will make it for you since  I recall
I owe you a favour....
Robin