LF: re Propagation monitoring and LORAN

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re Propagation monitoring and LORAN
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:02:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Andy, that looks an extremely interesting project that Peter has been
doing. I am particularly interested in the changes in delay over the the
North Atlantic path after dark. This should give us some indication of the
active layer heights number of hops etc. It would help to explain some of
the effects we see after geomagnetic disturbances. The only worry is that
Peter does not sound too enthusiastic about taking the algorithms to a
soundcard implimentation. Please encourage him.....I don't have a 56000
evaluation card!
The receiver I use is capable of working in a 9.5kHz bandwidth if necessary
on any mode.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]