Re: LF: Re: Wolf Tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Wolf Tests
From: "Bill de Carle" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:12:57 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 12:49 PM 4/26/01 +0100, you wrote:
No comments from you lately so I will reiterate, I am sending you WOLF every
night from 01 utc to 02 utc...........137.7894 is the TX freq
Larry
VA3LK

Two issues arise here.

Firstly, now we have daylight saving time 01 to 02 UTC is 2-3AM which is not a comfortable time. Does anyone know of a way to make a WAV file on a timer? I could record overnight but I suspect the file would be enormous.

I use CRUNCH - if you invoke the program with "TIME" it lets you specify
when to start recording (according to your computer's time of day clock)
and how many minutes to record.  It's all automatic so you can snooze while
the computer is doing all the work, hi!  Runs as a DOS program.  CRUNCH
can take input from a Sigma-Delta interface or from ES688 or SB16 type
sound cards.

If you don't use time compression, CRUNCH will write a .wav file (either
8 or 16 bit according to the live source specified) at the same sampling
rate.  I.e. with the SD interface, the .wav file will be 8-bit with a
sampling rate of 7200.  Earlier versions of WOLF needed exactly 8000
samples per second in the .wav file - if you're still using an earlier
version I can send you a little program called WOLFUDGE which just alters
the header in the WOLFR.WAV file to "say" it's 8000 samples per second.
You will need to tell WOLF the exact sampling rate anyway once it starts.

CRUNCH is available for download from my web site at:

http://cafe.rapidus.net/bill1/bbs.htm
73 de Bill VE2IQ