Re: LF: DFCW, an idea.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DFCW, an idea.
From: "Steve Olney" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:58:32 +1000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G'day Mike and G3ACQ,

conditions, so the small gap was reintroduced. An improvement might be
made by being able to place an adjustable spacing grid over the
spectrogram
so that it is much clearer to see when elements should start and stop.
This

Another way which was suggested to me as an improvement to my soundcard
based VFSKCW program is to introduce a wobble on consecutive elements.
For example, say the difference between the "dots" and "dashs" is 10Hz.
My software detects consecutive dots or dashs and "wobbles" consecutive
elements by some % of the difference, nominally 10%.    So consecutive
elements wobble by 1Hz.    The amount of wobble is adjustable to allow
better differentiation under marginal conditions.

73s Steve Olney (VK2ZTO/AXSO - QF56IK : Lat -33 34 07, Long +150 44 40)
HomePage URLs:
http://www.qsl.net/vk2zto
http://www.zeta.org.au/~ollaneg

Containing:-