Re: LF: Re: OK QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: OK QSO
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:13:27
Sender: <[email protected]>
Have heard OK1DTN for the last 2 weeks several times with good signals,
from 559 up to 589. But so far I always called him in vain.
Most of the time he has a fair amount of QSB on his signal (compared to
others at the same distance).
I wouldn't be surprised if he was running a long wire antenna, I getting
the impression that stations with relatively long wire antennas have more
QSB than those with small toploads or pure verticals.
Could it be that long wires radiate at steeper angles and thus produce more
skywave ?

73, Rik  ON7YD