LF: Re: QSB on LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: QSB on LF
From: "Mitch Powell" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 15:50:03 +0000
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andre: Just to add to the confusion (?) let me add the followiing, based on extensive daily monitoring of AMRAD WA2XTF/12 at Front Royal
Virginia, a distance of 324 mi ( 520 kM). The WA2XTF signal appears
with great rugularity before local sunrise and is solid copy with no
QSB noticed through the observation period. At present ( 1545 EST)
(2045Z) the signal is audible and solid trace at the same time using
ARGO and Spectrogram. QSB has not been a problem, and the signal is a
steady and solid reference as I experiment throughout the winter with
different antenna configurations / preamps.
I believe you use a 1500 foot ( ~500m ) longwire - so I can certainly
guarantee I will receive your signal over a 12 hour period, well past
sunset. Later ( 2100 EST) 02Z ) the signal is very weak and disappears
normally until re-appearing with the sun !
For your information.

73
Mitch VE3OT