Re: LF: RE: EF50

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: EF50
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:31:31
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Andy,

A pity, I threw away some old VMP4 devices only a few weeks ago in a
clear out of ancient and obsolete semiconductors as part of teh shack
rebuild,  they would have been quite good for an active antenna.

It is a variant on Murphy's law : you will not need a component until you
have thrown (given) it away.

Due to the same law :
- when you drop anything heavy (hammer, screwdriver) it will always land on
something fragile or when you drop a sandwich it will alway come with the
'buttered' side down (law of selective gravity)
- when you need x components to built a project you will always find x-1
components available (law of selective statistics)
- any expensive component protected by a fuse will protect the fuse by
'melting' first
- the chance that a component gets defective is proportional to its value
and so on ...

73, Rik  ON7YD

PS : Sespite all semiconductor theories we were told the truth is that any
transistor or IC just works on some smoke that is kept inside.
Proof : put in an IC / transistor the wrong way or increase voltage /
current above the allowed level and wait until the smoke comes out. The
device will not work anymore afterwards.