LF: Re: EF50

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: EF50
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:24:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
In the early 1980s the VMP4 was going to answer both  our VHF power
amplifier and wide dynamic range receiver problems, so I scrounged some
freebies;  couldn't afford to buy any, they were too expensive.  But it
never happened, there were plenty of other devices to do the job and the
VMP4 never really went anywhere.
Nowadays we have a huge range of power MOSFETS for switching (very
cheap) and others for RF, (expensive) and a plethora of components for
building very good receivers - which are usually quite cheap.   Its all
down to mass production and who wants what components.

Now who's showing the nostalgia syndrome :-(

Andy  G4JNT