Re: LF: Zip files

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Zip files
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:12:43 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Peter

Since most people have the capability for unzipping, it is perhaps better
to use the .zip format rather than the .exe format. You always
know what you are getting with a .zip and have complete control over
the operation. With a .exe you have to trust the site and trust that it has
not been hacked and a substitute program put in its place. There is
also the danger of accidental execution in the browser.

Just mp 2d

73

Stewart G3YSX

g3ldo wrote:

I have a group of small DOS .exe files, plus some .txt data files
(associated with measuring antenna feed impedance) that I would like to put
on to my web site for the benefit of LF experimenters.
I have PKZIP and UNZIP, which I know how to use but these are DOS programs
and are probably not appropriate.
I could use WINZIP but I have never used this before.
The one I like best is the .exe file that, when run, explodes all the zipped
files automatically.
Can anyone advise me?

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO