LF: Transatlantic-mystery

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic-mystery
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 07:12:49 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Uwe and LF-group,

Hi all,
during night ARGO/30s-dots/AGC-off captured on 18.03.01 at 0116utc the
enclosed
pic.
first line: lf-meteorites ?
second line: IK5ZPV
third line: DK8KW ?
4th line: G3AQC<

Uwe/dj8wx jo43sv

... looking at these pictures, I believe that this was my signal! At least
easy to identify ... hope I didn't cause too much trouble ... I used my
Hagenug EX-1001 SSB esxciter on 134.000 kHz (suppressed) carrier frequency
and mixed 1923.70 Hz to it ... from a relatively stabil AF source. What I
did not think about is that the Exciter is PLL-driven and obviously needs
some time to reach its oroginal frequency ... thats the "trails" you cyn
see on Uwe's pictures. Next time I need to keep both frequency sources
running, and key only the buffer and PA!

Thanks for your observation, Uwe, best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)