Re: LF: lf transatlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: lf transatlantic
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:47:54 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
 My belief is that we will be able to get through even during
most of the summer.  i would like to continue testing throughout
summer.  I do not think we need to have continuous beaconing.   Perhaps
20 minutes at top of hour from Eu and 20 min at bottom of hour from NA .
         My sunset now is around 2200Z  so I don't start seeing Eu
stations til 2130Z So no point in starting before 2130Z.   My sunset at
summer solstice will be around 2345z So starting time then of 2315Z
would be good .  Is anybody interested in continuing through summer?
        73 all de John VE1ZJ

I am happy to continue testing during the summer, but to save effort/electricity would it be useful to reduce all-night sessions to, say, one night a week? Whilst this would obviously reduce the scope for hitting optimum conditions, it would concentrate activity so that both sides could assume that someone was transmitting/listening.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net