LF: lf tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: lf tests
From: "John Currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:45:43 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all I think last night the results from observing G3AQC 's signals
were significant. Firstly the condx were terrible. At times DCF39 was as
low as S-1. Typically it was S-2 toS-3.  128.9  had a max of S-4
typically S-3
      The K index was a 4 at 0000z last nite and a 6 at 0900z .  We had
widespread Au propagation on 144 mHz in both Eu es NA.  I had visible
Aurora at 0833Z here.
      G3AQC was "M" or "O" copy for most of the time between 2222Z and
0300z
     There was nil from Laurie at 0330, butI thought I could see G3AQC
at 0420"T" copy.  I am not sure of the last statement Please tell me
when you were transmitting last night Laurie.
     I wish we had had more experience with DFCW and 30 sec dots
during the trials with Jack.
    This shows rhat even with very adverse condx less than 1/2 w erp
can get across, a sign of great reliability.
    One strange thing. Last night , and on other occaisions when aurora
was visible, I have listened to 128.9 and DCF39. The flutter heard on
160 and 80 and 40 has never been observed on LF

73 de John VE1ZJ