LF: WOLF - am I missing something ?

To: "LF Group \(E-mail\)" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: WOLF - am I missing something ?
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:56:16 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I've just been reading throught the documentation for Wolf and it all seems rather over complicated for an enhanced BPSK system - having to loop-play .WAV files through some kind of audio-RF interface.  Isn't there a way of using the VE2IQ interface(s) for Wolf ?  At one stroke this would remove all need for Soundcard and serial port data rates to be measured and calibration procedures.

Reading the description it appears to be a 10b/s BPSK convolutionally encoded bitstream with FEC added.   This surely lends itself to soft descision decoding which presumably is how the software works.  But that is all software, the samples are in exactly the same form as used by Bill's system ?

We all have to accept that doing any sort of accurate timing operation on a PC is futile - whether Soundacard, serial port or, even worse, by software timing.   Therefore some sort of external interface really should be used to resynchronise Tx and Rx data samples.

Andy  G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.