Re: LF: Success

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Success
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:53:34 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
If you're still having trouble with Jim's WOLF signal, please
email me a one minute .wav file, and I try to diagnose the
problem.  You can convert it to 8-bit samples to save some
space, if you like.  My mail server will accept attachments of
up to about 7 MB.
Stewart KK7KA

Stewart,

Many thanks for the offer but I have now fixed the problem by using the -r parameter to compensate for sound card sample rate.

I tried the method suggested by JIm - the use of the -m command - but got a totally inaccurate result that fooled me for an hour.

I recorded M0BMU's test transmission (thanks, Jim - this is a really useful service) last night at a lower level than previously but still had no copy. I then fiddled about with the parameters until suddenly it all worked. I had to set -r to anything between 8090 and 8110. Inside this range it was perfect, outside no copy at all. Plainly a really good way of being able to set this parameter would be useful. I think this makes me the first G station to receive another amateur using WOLF. This is hardly an achievement, though as Jim is less than 10km from me and he has already been read in the USA.

Is there a web page that details the significance of the figures you see on screen before the text? I have found some info but not much that says "this should be in the region of . . .", or "if this is below xxx, adjust yyy".

Thanks for the software.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net