Re: LF: Re: PLL filter for BPSK

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: PLL filter for BPSK
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:06:44 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rye Gewalt writes:
<< I always thought that was a standard method of demodulating phase information....>>
 (and)
[email protected] writes:
<< This approach may have applicability to detection of weak BPSK signals on
LF, but I suspect that a single PLL with free running VCO would be rather
useless for noise to signal scenarios. >>

I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing here. Rik, Jim, and I were discussing whether it would be feasible to use a PLL for filtering out abrupt phase transitions in the transmit exciter. I don't see any way of using one for detection at the receive end, for the very reason Bob mentions.

73,
John