LF: VE1ZZ last night 010131/010201

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VE1ZZ last night 010131/010201
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 03:29:51 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi All,
Last night I monitored Jack's (VE1ZZ) signal to see whether it followed a
similar pattern to Larry's. Unfortunately Jack's last transmission was from
23.30 till 23.40, which rather limited the usefulness of the test.
His signal was already clear in the 22.00 to 22.10 time slot, and grew
increasingly stronger, being very strong during the last slot. I noticed a
drop in frequency from 136500.1 to 136499.6, a drop of 0.5Hz in the last
transmission.
After his transmissions stopped, I found a weak trace at his initial
frequency, not a Loran line.
I used Argo to monitor with 10 sec dots and set capture to start at 22.10
and thereafter at 30 minute intervals. With 10 sec dots, one screen's width
represents 10 minutes, one transmission slot. 10 sec dots is a little too
long because the dots and dashes begin to merge into one another, but it was
still possible to see his call sign clearly.
Other observations:
A strong patch of QRN about 04.10.
The "big switch off" was not so marked this morning but occurred at approx
06.20.
Other non-Loran signals were seen at 136490.4, 136493.7, 136500.1, 135501.9
and 136506.2. Plus 8 Loran lines which I used for calibration.
It would be useful if Jack could set up his station to transmit
automatically through a whole night. I am not convinced that we will see the
same pattern as with Larry's signal.
73 John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/