Re: LF: GB2CPM

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: GB2CPM
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:13:21 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3LDO wrote:

the military and commercial equipment in the museum use the title CW
on the switch that selects the mode. Same goes for all my ham radio
equipment.

The important distinction is that CW is a mode of transmission, and therefore quite properly used on the front panel of a Tx, but Morse is the encoding used by the operator. You could use the CW mode for any on/off code, not necessarily Morse. Of course, we normally use the CW mode with Morse code, but they are not the same thing.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net