Re: LF: Re. G3AQC complete call Q5 in USA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. G3AQC complete call Q5 in USA
From: "Dexter McIntyre w4dex" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 09:26:49 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie,  Even if I was authorized to transmit we could not have make a
QSO last night at that speed. Your signal was Q5 for about one hour. It took 45 minuets to copy your call. With the signal I was receiving
30 second element DFCW would have worked and a QSO could have possibly
been made.

I could tell that Jim had modified his timing but I didn't understand
that he was trying to send his call.  I also noticed a line between
Jim's dashes as can be seen on the second shot I posted.  It is just to
the right of center.  Then a new signal appeared between your and Jim's
signal that can be seen at the right edge of the shot.  Later Graham,
G3XTZ, reported he had initially transmitted on Jim's frequency but
moved to 135.9225.  I would have copied the call of this third signal
had it not been for the noise steadily increasing after 0040 UT.  I
could only make out faint traces of all signals the rest of the night. This was due to increased noise not lack of signal.

I will continue to monitor this 3 hz window for your DFCW.  Either .1 or
.2 hz shift should work.

73,
Dexter, W4DEX

LAWRENCE MAYHEAD wrote:

Congratulations Dexter !
We did it on only 350mW!!!! I make the distance between us 6360Kms .
Perseverance pays Hi. I hope you get that award.
I should like to continue with tests in order to prove DFCW versus QRS for
the eventual QSO, which cant be long now.
Tonight I will revert to DFCW details later.
73s Laurie.