LF: G3AQC copied in Virginia

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G3AQC copied in Virginia
From: "Nan and Sandy Sanders" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 16:19:34 -0500
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
From about 0030 GMT to about 0230 GMT and again from about 0330 GMT to about 0600 GMT I was able to copy G3AQC . I also copied dashes from M0BMU ( who was a bit stronger in the first time period but only lasted about half the second period ). There was also a very faint broken line that could have been G3XTZ but was never strong enough to copy any letters. I used ARGO build 113 in 30s dot mode agc on.
I plan to download build 117 and give it a try tonight.
The most interesting thing I find about this reception is the receive antenna is a 50 cm long E field probe mounted 50 cm above the flat metal roof of a three story office building full of computers. It is able to hear much better than all but 1 or 2 of the home stations in this area.
                                Sandy
                                WB5MMB