LF: Measurement accuracy

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Measurement accuracy
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:16:11 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

I cannot measure the frequency with a accuracy more than +-1Hz, so any
report about it is welcome. '73 IK5ZPV, JN53KX Valerio

Valerio,

Are you using Argo? If so, you can measure your frequency much better than 1Hz.

I have no clever test gear so I use the 'dual VFO' (not two VFOs at all, but two settings of the same VFO) on my IC-706. I monitor the BBC on 198kHz, with Argo on the 60s dot setting. Using the new calibrate facility on Build 119, I set Argo to read exactly 198.0000kHz then either switch to the other VFO, or re-tune to 136kHz where the readout is now accurate to 0.1Hz. I can measure accurately in between the 1Hz tuning steps by using Argo again.

Thanks for the QSO at the weekend.

73

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net