LF: Recent beacon activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Recent beacon activity
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 17:27:38 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

In case anybody is trying to identify beacon signals, this is when I have been transmitting over the last few days, all on 135.9230kHz:

2047 on 3/2/2001 until 0350 on 4/2 - "M0BMU" at 1hr per callsign

2120 on 4/2/2001 until 0235 on 5/2 - as above

1945 on 5/2/2001 until 0240 on 6/2 - Increased speed to 1/2hr per call (about 30s dots).

If anybody would like a different signal, or at different times, let me know and I'll try to oblige.

I looked at 136.75kHz with an eye to the possibility of receiving the WA2XTF beacon, given the good propagation there has been lately. in a range of +/-5Hz there are several spectral lines of variable strength. In order to stand much chance of being visible, WA2XTF will have to avoid these lines, and have a frequency that is known to within 0.1Hz or so. Has anyone at AMRAD measured the frequency accurately lately?

I think my E-mail is working, but it is taking longer than usual for things to appear.

Will be transmitting again tonight, using the shorter dots, provided the wind does not get too wild for my antenna.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU