LF: AMRAD Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: AMRAD Beacon
From: "Nan and Sandy Sanders" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:54:50 -0500
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>

Here is what the amrad beacon looks like with
ARGO 119 set at 120s dots, fast . It has
about .1 HZ shift as xtal heats on key down.
There is also a smaller longer term shift as the shack heating system cycles. The transmiter is Ropex with xtal mounted on perf board with a trimmer cap.
I measure the frequency at about 136,744.6HZ.
The few nights that I have looked for and copied signals from across the pond, the signals are there for 1/2 hr to a little over 1 hr with the longer times early in the night.
                        Sandy
                        WB5MMB

JPEG image