LF: Re: Re: Fw: Active antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Fw: Active antenna
From: "Robin T. Greenwood" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:37:01 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Peter.
I have a Decca Preamp mounted on my Garden shed (Height 3.5 M.)  and I have
a 0.75M. steel whip on it.
The shed is well away from any other buildings and the antenna seems to be
excellent although I have little else to compare it with.
I will scan the circuit and send it to you.

I have The LH0002 in obsolete but an LM6321in OKin  the circuit. I have laid
out a PCB  to which I added a single parallel 136 kHz. tuned circuit across
the input. The layout  is available as  a HPGL file for anyone interested.

I think the Decca drum antenna was that shape it was for electrostatic
reasons. The Decca signal were quite strong  at each others site, so I guess
a high elevation was not necessary.  However I now wish I had picked up the
drum and support pole when I had them in my hand.  I could have put the bird
feeder on to to keep off the squirrels and cat!!
Robin G3LBA