Re: LF: Re. Transatlantic QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. Transatlantic QSO
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:39:54 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Congratulations Laurie and Larry!  I knew I was watching history in the
making.  I captured parts of both of your exchanges over the past
several days. Laurie, your signal was perfect copy on two occasions. As good as when I copied your call previously. So we now know that was
not a rare occurrence.  It appears I can see your signal almost any
night than QRN is low here in North Carolina.  Larry's signal was so
strong here I was tempted to hook up my Philmore cat whisker.

Dexter, W4DEX

LAWRENCE MAYHEAD wrote:

Hi Peter,
We agreed to start on 5/022/01,but I did not see Larry until 9/01
and although  copy was M, I decided to continue listening.Then as you
say Larry had trouble so I spent some time improving my Rx capability.
I recieved him OK on 16/02,and replied the following night. I dont
know when Larry first saw my transmissions but you could possibly time
the Qso from that date. 73s Laurie.