LF: Testing model TX aerial

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Testing model TX aerial
From: "boffin1" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:19:12 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
 I have recently constructed a model prototype of a new design of
transmitting  antenna and I will be very grateful for any reports of
reception.  This aerial is not intended to compete with a tall Marconi for
it is only 10 to 20 cms above the ground and the present model is only 2
metres long.  When the weather is more clement and when I have made it
weatherproof, I hope to extend it in the garden.  Meanwhile there is a very
slight chance that test signals may be faintly received from the indoor
model and I shall be extremely grateful for ANY report.
 The aerial will be fed with about 150 watts from a valve tx and will be
keyed as a beacon with a home-made mechanical sender carved with the
message "test de g2ajv" at about 5 wpm.  The tx is vfo controlled but the
frequency is dictated primarily by the high Q of the aerial and at the
present time I cannot quote an exact frequency but it is likely to be
between 136 and 137 kHz.  I sincerely hope that this aerial may one day
help those who cannot attain the Scarborough heights and it may shed a
little understanding on the ground loss phenomenon.
I will endeavour to turn on the beacon for at least half an hour at 0730 Z, 1200 Z and 2200 Z for the next few days but test transmissions may also occur at other times.
  I am grateful for your forebearance.
Roger,  G2AJV.