LF: Argo beta 1, build 123

Subject: LF: Argo beta 1, build 123
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:49:05 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,
       many Argo users did complain about the fact that the screen capture
facility did not work, or better, it worked incorrectly, when the Argo
screen was covered by other windows or a screen saver.

With build 123 this has been corrected. What happens now is that, when
the timeout for the capture triggers, Argo pops up for a fraction of a second
from nowhere, the capture is done, then the window which previously had
the focus (the foreground window) is restored. This also if a screen saver
is active at the moment.

There are also some minor improvements. From the Readme :

Beta 1, build 123   (Feb. 21st  2001)
- Screen capture now works even if the Argo window is covered by other windows.
- When reloading saved settings, you don't have to type their name, but just
  make a choice in a list box.
- CPU overload indicator now works ok, as the MasterTimer and the DoProcess
  routines are placed in different threads. This has also some other beneficial
  effects.
- Frequency scale ticks algorithm slightly revised and amended.
- Some code adjustments and error corrections.

Build 123 is available, as usual, from : http://www.weaksignals.com

About splitting the reflector, my opinion is that a single discussion forum can
benefit
from the synergy effects. The 'Delete' button for all those messages of little
or
no interest, is within the reach of anybody.

In any case, should the reflector be split, my vote for the tech-  one is
for the DSP-Weak-Signal discussion list, hosted by qth.net, free and devoid
of any advertising. Just my 2 cents (of Euro).

73   Alberto   I2PHD