LF: VA3LK

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VA3LK
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:52:35 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All
Larry seems to be claiming that he has  achieved a first qso across the
atlantic according to his own rules. The majority postings on here have
reservations or do not agree.
If some want to bend the rules although I totally disagree then G3LDO
and VE1ZZ in conjunction with VE1ZJ have a better case for claiming a
FIRST. Their qso was conducted in one continuous session on the same
day.
Another point, what about those that have been heard in VE and W on a
date before the VA3LK
saga and are awaiting  the oppertunity to finish the qso, surely this
will be the first, since the qso started earlier and apparently there is
no time limit for a finish..
The whole LF qso procedure is a shambles and needs sorting out. Until
there are definite guidelines agreed by the MAJORITY operating on LF
then no claim should be entertained. To date they are all a NEAR MISS.
I have been a CONTINUOUSLY active radio amateur for over 50 years and
have the necessary experience and qualifications to CRITICISE when I
think it necessary. Play the game and avoid criticism from what ever
source.
Keep trying for a FIRST and no cheating or inventing rules as you go
along.
G3KEV