Re: LF: Re: BEACONS: Greek navy on 135.8 QRT ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: BEACONS: Greek navy on 135.8 QRT ?
From: "Costas Krallis" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:52:09 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 21:19 21/02/2001 -0000, you wrote:

Hi Wolf SXV is on and off at present but it was visible yesterday I believe.
I have been told that the mast occupies a site that is going to be developed
as an Olympic stadium, so a move could be in the wind. Maybe Costas has more
information?

There are no news about closure of the site yet. There is pressure from
the Olympics comittee to close it and build sports installations (for
rowing, canoe etc) there, but it shall take some time. I think the
current downtime is for maintenance.
BTW, the station is still off at 22 Feb 2001, 0650 UTC.

Costas

| Costas Krallis SV1XV      *   LOC KM18UA                   |
| P.O.Box 3066              *   E-Mail: [email protected]        |
| GR-10210 Athens           *   PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34          |
| GREECE                    *   http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/    |
|                           *   http://w4u.eexi.gr/~sv1xv/   |