LF: SPLIT

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SPLIT
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:31:08 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All
Regarding the suggested split between so called hi-tech modes, already
being used by commercial operators and the normal cw for those competent
to use it. I think it would be better to continue on here as usual. I
read all the mail posted here and enjoy it and understand it although I
think some of the suggested data modes are not suited to LF.
The so called hi tech modes and modifications  like PSK(any phase), TDM,
FDM, FSK, AFSK, KT, MSK and Piccolo and I could go on, have been used
for years by commercials, so they are not new but are only being
modified by a few for use on LF. There is room hopefully for all of us
with some consultations about a band plan.
There must be a hundred modes used by commercial operators that most
radio amateurs have never heard about. Radio amateurs certainly do not
lead the way these days, it might have been the case 50 years ago. To
day we copy and modify.
G3KEV