Re: LF: Re: 10 sec. dots

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 10 sec. dots
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:47:08 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Talbot Andrew wrote:

Oh -- that explains a lot --
Particularly,  why, during testing yesterday of SMT Hell bandwidths and
pixel durations,  the optimum settings for decoding with Argo seemed to
come out with ratios that did not appear to be exactly related to
specified dot length.

Shouldn't the labelled dot length be in ratios of 2 then, rather than 3
?

Yes, that would have been more correct, but I chose to follow the other way
around,
i.e. I used what the universally accepted dot lengths were, and tried to adapt
the resolutions to them, accepting some approximations, not much relevant for
this use.
I could have used a non-power-of-two FFT algorithm, there are a few around,
but for simplicity and speed sake I didn't.

73   Alberto   I2PHD