LF: Re: LF Test freqs

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LF Test freqs
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 14:13:34 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave, G3YMC wrote:

To date we have had CW, QRSS,
BPSK and associated data modes, and now we are getting slow voice which
requires
its own space. <

... just  a few words regarding slow-voice: I don't think that this mode
currently requires its own space. Since it is an experimental mode which
requires a rig with SSB capability (like most of the digital modes, too), I
suggest that we run tests in the area between 137.300 and 137.600 kHz,
collisions with PSK31 or other modes will surely be avoided as we do not
have really much of those special modes currently. I already developed an
idea how I filter out the DCF39-noise.
I don't really know *what* had happened on Saturday night, but at least
outside of the U.K. I think it did not get big attention. I saw some people
calling QRSS to reach VE1ZJ on 136.500 plus/minus acouple of kHz, but I
personally had no poblems with these transmissions.

All the best for 2001

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: I still maintain a graphical representation of a "bandplan" that is
the result of my own observations and discussions we had in Windsor during
the last two years, see http://www.qru.de/bandplan.htm