LF: Re:decoding below 153 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re:decoding below 153 kHz
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:06:23 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Consider the (alleged) negative altitude and rather wet destination of
many transmissions at low frequencies and the effort+encryption put into
sending these.  They don't need to use ancient stop start signalling in
most cases as there are plenty of better ways of achieving bit sync.
A few are also possibly commercial private navigation systems.

You could try direction finding and co-ordinate with someone a long way
off to get some sort of triangulation.  DF is quite reliable with loops
at these frequencies provided you stay away from nearby conductive
structures.
If you could decipher the message content you would probably have to be
shot !

Andy G4JNT