LF: RE: Freq stability, cheap source of

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Freq stability, cheap source of
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:51:57 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Wherever did you find them at that price ?  Mine cost nearly 100 pounds,
and that was from the TAPR special deal on GPS25s.
Not all handhelds have a 1pps output - before getting the GPS25 I
searched the entire PCB on the Magellan Trailblazer, scope probing just
about every pin on the ICs  and found absolutely nothing resembling a
stable 1 PPS clock.   The data bursts from its NMEA output were too
uncertain in their timing to even think of using as standard.

Andy  G4JNT

everyone.  It is the 1 PPS from almost any second hand OEM level GPS
receiver. I have one here that cost $20 US$, about the size of what we once>

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.