LF: RE: LF Spurious signal on south coast

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: LF Spurious signal on south coast
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:38:54 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Yes sorry, that should have read 137744.6 - got my kHz wrong.  It gives
me a slight problem receiving the VA..  137.79 transmission as the
carrier is close enough that even in a 300Hz filter bandwidth it
depresses the RA1792 AGC a little.
I'll try setting up the loop this weekend and do a DF on it.   Now you
mention it, do remember commenting on this earlier and forgotton.

Decided to give high power amplifiers a break for now as the 600 - 700W
PA is completed.  Next project is a proper LF receiver with accurate and
repeatable signal measuring capability and built in A/D converter to
avoid having to use soundcards or external DSP for narrow band working.
I've identified all the analogue component stages and gain distribution,
and designed it on paper, just need to put it together now to give a /P
LF receiving capability that would allow driving around to DF the
signal.
I've just started rebuilding the shack at the moment, moving fitted
cupboards to the other end and putting in a proper run of decent benches
along two walls with built in 19" equipment racking space, so major
constructional projects are on hold for a few weeks.  The computer has
been moved downstairs so any radio - computer interfacing means long
coax cables between rooms for now.

Andy  G4JNT