LF: Re: LF signals and SXA/SXV

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LF signals and SXA/SXV
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:19:02 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Friday night
VE1ZZ R 'O' using the small loop antenna before 2359 but disappeared after that time. I am surprised that Jack's signal is so consistant here on the south coast when it may not be so in other parts of the country. I read an article in CQ that suggested that transatlantic 160m signals took a much more southerly route that was first thought. At various times G3AQC, G3XTZ, G3YXM and G3XDV were transmitting below 136kHz; G3AQC and G3XTZ embedded in the SXA RTTY signal. At around 1245 the SXA signal disappeared leaving all the G stations in the clear. Towards 2359UTC the SXA signal gradually built up again.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>