LF: RE: Bonfires

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Bonfires
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:10:36 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I've used a plastic dustbin for years, with no problems when it gets
wet, although a ceramic high voltage insulator would be a useful
addition in very wet weather to reduce surface leakage.  The dustbin
stands on four 100mm high legs made from plasic drain pipe to get the
bottom of the coil away from the ground an reduce losses.   May not be
big enough for some of the larger coils though.

Although a bit pricey, the polycarbonate twin walled sheeting (designed
for conservatory roofs) and available from most DIY outlets (B+Q are
reasonably priced) would make a suitable low loss housing.  Use L-shape
plastic moulding and suitable (low loss)  glue to join.   It is
available 600mm or wider,  and 2.4 / 3 / 5m m lengths.   This material
is very strong..

Andy  G4JNT