LF: SV: Re: VE1ZZ "M" in Sweden (?)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: SV: Re: VE1ZZ "M" in Sweden (?)
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 22:36:23 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike 'XDV and All

Yes, it must have been VE1ZZ. I got even better copy on his 0100Z
transmission.

Regarding blurred dots:
Yes, I am well aware that the BW was (at least theoretically) too narrow
for Jack's speed.

I used Argo beta 113 and tried both 3s and 10s settings. I found that
that the 10s setting gave a better overall readability despite the
smearing.

It would certainly help if Jack slowed down to 10s/dot - but that requires
approx. 5dB higher patience level at the receiving end, hi..

73
Johan SM6LKM

========
I think I saw VE1ZZ on 135.502. With a little imagination,
"1ZZ" can be seen in the attached picture. The transmission
ended, or disappeared into QSB, at 00.42 UTC.
73 de Johan SM6LKM

Johan,

It is certain that your spectrogram shows VE1ZZ but you have the averaging
set too high (or the bandwidth too low) which is why the dots are blurred.

Mike, G3XDV