LF: VE High stability transmissions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VE High stability transmissions
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:12:56 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy:

What a pity that none of the VA/VE stations transmitting can maintain
the sort of accuracy needed by this.  The ability to make vector
measurements of absolute phase over hours in mHz bandwidth would reveal
infinitely more about LF long distance  propagation than just power
measurement alone.  For instance, it would reveal directly any Doppler
shifted components, be able to separate out ground and skywave
components and show whether fading or enhancements are caused by
multipath or changing ionospheric conditions.

After a years work I am three logic devices from final testing a 5 MHz HP
standard (5248L) slaved to GPS

After many months I am now two types of devices, capacitors smd type, from
getting your DDS boards running.

With that setup I will have the stability you request.

All things come to he who waits and also to he who works hard.  Having
started with nothing 15 months ago I will let you know when I am able to
transmit to the standards needed.

Larry
VA3LK