LF: QSP from AMRAD

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: QSP from AMRAD
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:15:49 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
QSP from the AMRAD reflector:

Hi,

We set up tonight here to listen to LF.  The noise levels are low and we
got
2 good setups with notebooks running ARGO and SPECTRAN.  Loran artifacts
can
be heard but they are under control.  The new active antenna is working
fine
business.

Copied LOWFer DCH from Berlin MD and VE1ZZ was coming in all evening
usually
copyable aurally as well as visually.  We watched for OK1 station but did
not see anything.  We also monitored 135.900 -135.980 and did not see
anything there either.

We plan to try some other things in tomorrow's daylight.  We set up tonight
in the dark and are not sure what we will see in the daylight.  Weather is
not too cold and just a few spits of rain.

We are anxious to try to see Dave, G3LDO's signal tomorrow night.
Everything will be tuned as best we can for that time period.

Frank Gentges, K0BRA ex AK4R, W3FGL
Sandy, WB5MMB

For the latest on LF See http://www.amrad.org/projects/lf