LF: VE1ZZ --> OH9UFO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VE1ZZ --> OH9UFO
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:59:59 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave, G3YXM wrote on his news-page:

12/1. VE1ZZ received in Finland. Reino OH9UFO, had a good copy of Jack's
QRSS signal last night whilst
testing Argo. Is this the furthest reception of Jack?

yes, it looks like. So far I think it was my reception of Jack, with 5278
km (always assuming that VE1ZZs QTH locator is FN84CM), from Reino's
locator (KP11OO) to Jack it is 5624 km. From OK1FIG to VE1ZZ it is 5694 km,
which seems to be the current world record on LF!

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: Interesting, that I could not copy Jack this night, but I had a
relatively high noise level. Additionally, my MV62 receiver has a flaw
(shows 16 dBu less than it should), so I have changed my receiver today (
... always have a spare one in my woodshed ...) and will give it another
try tonight.