LF: Transatlantic tests Fri/Sat

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transatlantic tests Fri/Sat
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:42:43 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Transmitted on 136.916kHz at the agreed 1/2 hour intervals from 2015 until 0630 last night, sending M0BMU four times each interval. This is a log of what I saw on 136.5kHz; The times are the start of the receiving intervals. The signal levels were quite variable, so I have shown the max/min TMO signal report for each 15mins:

2130 Trace of signal
2200 Nil
2230 Trace
2300 Saw MM0ALM's call being sent on 136.5 - not sure by who, but seemed to be over the top of VE1ZZ's signal, which was weaker. Dots and dashes were irregular lengths.
2330 VE1ZZ M/T
0000 VE1ZZ O/O - giving OK1FIG "O" report. However, Petr continued transmitting his call as before, so I surmised that he was not copying Jack, and so I carried on as normal.
0030 Trace
0100 VE1ZZ O/T
0130 VE1ZZ O/O - signal just audible, but too weak to read by ear.
0200 VE1ZZ O/O - as above
0230 VE1ZZ M/T
0300 VE1ZZ M/T - QRN increasing
0330 VE1ZZ O/T - High level of QRN from this time onwards
0400 VE1ZZ M/T
0430 VE1ZZ M/T
0500 Trace
0530 Nil
0600 VE1ZZ M/T
0630 Trace

Also had normal CW QSO's earlier in the evening with DJ9IE, and OK1FIG, both of whom had very strong signals.

Hope to be on again tonight at similar times, best of luck to all.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU