LF: fri night tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: fri night tests
From: "John Currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:51:46 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all got Email going Just got up and had breakfast.
   Last night was very exciting  Got here 1905Z Got  all set up by
2001Z.  Turned on ARGO and there was OK1FIG.   Clear O copy   We sent
QRSS by hand key .  We observed OK1FIG all night until 0343Z    Then he
came back on at 0615 for one sequence  We were calling him all night
     Petr's signals were best at 2000Z  They were poor  after 0200 but
always at least M  copy.   Please call Dave  G0MRF and ask him to be
sure he is transmitting  at 2000Z That is 1/2 hour or 3/4 hour before
sunset.
  Tonight you can call even though we are trying QSO with someone
else.    ARGO is good
    MM0ALM popped up out of noise at around 2240.   WE WERE TALKING ON
LAND LINE hE WAS ON 136.0.  We have a carrier(weak there  We asked Dave
to QSY down  3Hz.  I could see T copy immediately.  10 minutes later he
was solid copy .O.      But he started to fade 30 minutes later.  Gone
and saw nil at 0700

    Comments:
     1   The OK1FIG  signals were  the best I Have ever seen from Eu at
2000..They stayed that way for 1 hour .   ALthough I believe he missed
part or all of  his sequence  2045.
       2    MM0ALM could hear our carrier going on  es off during QRSS
transmission  Not during straight  cw.
      3   Condx  last night  were poor.  Band was disrurbed .  Noticed
this AM that the K indwx was a three
      4MM0ALM was transmitting QRSS on 135.997.   He could not receive
QRSS
      5   I believe condx favored  northern  latitudes.  We were
received well by OH9UFO and MMoALM HOPE  ionosphere  is less mad at us
today

73 es GL tonight  John es Jack    VE1ZJ es VE1ZZ