Re: LF: ATU rebuild.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ATU rebuild.
From: "Doc Gruis" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:09:03 -0600
Sender: <[email protected]>
Did you use plastic pipe for the sprinkler system?

Doc.

Dave wrote:

Dear all.

Back on the air now and I have lined the ATU hut with metal, both aluminium
sheet and aluminium cooking foil! All this is bonded to earth. Everything is
much more docile with less corona from the top of the coil so I thought
maybe current was down. I measured it and current (measured on the antenna
feeder outside the box) is 10 per-cent better for the same input power.
I therefore recommend putting your loading coils in large earthed metal
boxes! It avoids losing power in nearby lossy structures and may contain a
melt-down better.....

I should be joing in the fun again tonight.

73. Dave G3YXM.