LF: Re: Larries sigs, Easygram, Spectran and Argo

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Larries sigs, Easygram, Spectran and Argo
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:49:54 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
john sexton wrote:

[snip]
Could have been longer but Argo crashed soon after, probably because of the
way it fills up the hard disk with photos taken every 1 minute, despite the
fact that at the dot width of 30sec, it takes 15 minutes to complete a
window width. It also seems to ignore the folder that you supply and puts
them whereever it pleases.
[snip]

John,
    this does not match with my experience. If you specify the filename radix,
complete
with the path, and the interval in seconds (by choosing Capture, then Setup),
Argo duly
respects what you specified. I have done many screen captures and I have never
observed
the behaviour you mention.
The only caveat is that you must not cover the Argo window with another,
otherwise this
foreground window will be captured instead. This seems to be unavoidable.
I asked a Windows guru, and this was the answer :

Is there a way to capture the entire window of my program,
even if it is covered by other windows, or partly out of screen ?

No. The obscured portion simply doesn't exist  - any drawing to
the window is clipped at its edge.

73   Alberto   I2PHD