LF: More normal CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: More normal CW
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:07:37 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

Jim,  M0BMU wrote:

 (...) However, the
nature of radio itself is much more interesting; exploding PAs and
trying to cross the Atlantic using bizzare communications modes is
much more likely to attract the interests of newcomers.

Perhaps I should have made clear that with "newcomers" I did not mean
newcomers to amateur radio. For those LF is not the best band to start on, I
think. Moreover newcomers with interest in modern technology will probably
turn their attention to UHF and SHF in the first place with the additional
advantage that no morse code proficiency is required.

When I mentioned "newcomers" I had in mind amateurs that have been using the
existing older bands for some time and now would like to explore the new LF
band. They will start by listening and in order to turn them into active
users a sufficient amount of normal CW traffic should be present at times
when they are able to listen and when local noise level is low. At my place
the latter is the case on Saterday and Sunday morning.

73, Dick, PA0SE